Thursday, February 16, 2012

China Glaze Magnetic Polish in Pull Me Close

I've been extremely interested in magnetic nail polish since it first appeared. However, they seemed fairly pricy for what after all would probably just turn out to be another gimmicky thing that would soon lose it's appeal. (I'm looking at you shatter!)

When I saw that China Glaze had released a line of magnetic nail polish at a reasonable price, I eagerly snapped up one to try it out. China Glaze sold the magnetic separately which cost the same as the polish ($4.60) and has 3 designs on it.

The 3 designs on the magnet

The underside of the magnet - there are cuticle rests to try and help you avoid hitting the magnet off your nail


The polish I chose is 'Pull Me Close' which is a blue grey colour. The reason I chose this was because after seeing swatches of them all, it appeared to have the most obvious contrast between colours once the magnet was used.

The Stripes

Stripes

Star on Ring and Chevron on Middle.
Stripes
How did it turn out? Surprisingly, quite well. I thought it might be something that could be temperamental to use and get a good result out of but I was pleasantly surprised with my first attempt.
I held the magnet to close on m ring finger and it dented the polish but over all not too many mishaps!

If you are finding it difficult to use the magnetic polish, check out Scrangies fantastic post on it here.

Do you like the magnetic polish effect? Or is it just a passing fad?

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the magnet with different designs, different to what other brands are offering. I think my favourite nail trend at the minute is those flaky topcoats though, they look AMAZING!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flakies are unbelievable, I adore them AND they're less fiddly than most 'special effects'. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...