Tuesday, October 18, 2011

31 Day Nail Challenge - Day 18

Day 18 

Today's theme was a half moon manicure. And it was a slight fail (not epic this time!) It was another first for me and I thought it would be really easy and it was to an extent. At least I know where I went wrong! 
Firstly, I was too impatient to wait for the first coat to dry properly and then I put on the second polish  way to heavy handedly leading to a big gloopy mess which wasn't really aided by the addition of a coat of Seche Vite that is now as thick as curdled cream. 

My second mistake was the stickers I used. I couldn't find the binder hole reinforcer ones that everybody recommends so I used some circle stickers that I had which I use to label the back of depotted mac eyeshadows. Yeah, these were too big and not really snug enough around my nail to create the desired half moon effect.

So the result is a mani that looks fairly decent from afar and kind of okay close-up.
Another one for me to practice!! 



I used:
GOSH Metallic Green (The half moon bit)
Nubar Reclaim (The rest of the nail)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...